Listen to the
OT Schoolhouse Podcast
Earn professional development
You listened to the podcast, now earn professional development for doing so.
Earn 1 contact hour toward your professional development requirements by listening to episode 110 of the OT Schoolhouse Podcast and taking a 5-question quiz to demonstrate learned knowledge.
School-based OT practitioners are not handwriting teachers! However, handwriting is often the most common reason for referral.
In our chat with Debra Collete today, we are discussing a recent article where she surveyed teachers, administrators, and therapists on the missing pieces of handwriting in schools. Ten years ago, common core began to take over school standards, but the standards neglected to include handwriting. Tune in to learn how common core standards have impacted handwriting and how you can support students and teachers in implementing a handwriting curriculum.
Objectives for this Professional Development Podcast. Listeners will:
- Learners will identify the connects and disconnects between the common core curriculum with handwriting
- Learners will identify the impact common core has made on children’s written expression
- Learners will identify how common core and handwriting can impact OTPs
- Learners will identify what OTPs can do to support curriculum and handwriting on a systems level
What you will receive as part of this podcast course:
- Upon passing the short quiz, you will be provided a certificate of completion to use for state licensure and/or national board certification renewal.